The World Is Only 9% Circular. We Need to Act.
According to the 2019 Circularity Gap Report:
- Since last year’s first Circularity Gap Report (2018), the problems of a linear economy, like greenhouse gas emissions and increasing resource extraction, persist and continue to impact the global economy.
- The concept of a ‘circular economy’ can be the paradigm shift so desperately needed now.
- This shift will require four key actions:
- Translating global trends into national, regional, and commercial pathways
- Developing decision metrics and a measurement framework
- Facilitating peer-to-peer learning and knowledge transfer
- Building a diverse and inclusive global coalition for action